The Secretariat of the African Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP) presents its compliments to the ACP Missions and has the honor to inform them of the two (2) vacant posts of Unilingual Secretary Grade (GS3) at the Secretariat (only applications from EU national and permanent residents will be considered).
Attached for the attention of the Missions are:
The Job description of the posts;
The conditions of service and employment for the posts.
Applications for the posts should be sent to ACP Secretariat, 451 Avenue Georges Henri, 1200 Brussels - Belgium, or by e-mail to email@example.com and must reach the Secretariat not later than 20th July 2019.
Applications must be accompanied by the following:
a) An updated curriculum vitae completed in this format https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/editors/en/cv/compose (This is a mandatory requirement)*
b) Copies of academic and professional! qualifications: diplomas, certificates, etc.;
c) Reference documents attesting to the work experience and competence of the applicants;
d) Contact details of at least one referee from each post held in the past three (3) years of employment;
e) A copy of a valid Belgian Identity Card or Permanent Residence Permit.
Please note the following:
a) The contract of employment for this post will be based on Belgian labor and Social Security laws;
b) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Secretariat of the African, Caribbean, and Pacific Group of States remains at the disposal of the Missions for any additional information and avails itself of this opportunity to renew to them the assurance of its highest consideration
1. Post Information
Post Title: Unilingual Secretary
Organizational Unit: Supervisor/Grade:
Current Grade: GS 3
II. Organizational Context
The Unilingual Secretary provides administrative and secretarial services for ACP Group, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The Unilingual Secretary promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with ACP rules and regulations.
The Unilingual Secretary works with technical Experts who work in various sectors. S/he accosts in the preparation of documents and reports, sends them for translation and distributes them to the relevant persons. The Unilingual Secretary performs administrative and secretarial functions in support of two or three technical Experts.
The Unilingual Secretary must be able to work and know the importance of effective communication with the rest of the other members of staff in a normal office environment.
Internal contacts are mainly for the efficient execution of the designated duties, personal growth and administrative/human resource requirements.
External contacts are numerous, with the context of the actions being executed in the areas of designation, especially with relevant services of the European Commission and ACP Member States.
Ill. Functions /Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
□ Assists in the preparation of al! documents (agendas, Note Verbale’s, invitation letters, memoranda, list of participants and reports), including preparation of folders for meetings organized by the Department
□ Provides secretarial support to technical Experts in the Department
□ Provides administrative support to the technical Experts in the Department
□ Identifies and extracts information from various sources and prepares briefing notes and/or résumé for inclusion in correspondence and reports
□ Maintains and updates the office’s filing and reference System, including project documents, evaluation reports, and other documents and correspondence
IV. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the Department, as well as on the quality of the work produced by these within a timeframe.
• Courtesy, tact and the ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Accepts team role, contributes to the work of the team actively and constructively.
• Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks. In addition, strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning.
• Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments; computer illiterate with practical experience with Windows applications and other office software packages, particularly Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints through efficient organization and prioritization.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English or French.
Managing Data Documents, Correspondence and Reports:
• Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language.
• Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard.
Managing Documents, Correspondence and Reports:
• Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
Planning, Organizing and Multi-Tasking:
• Organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and computing deadlines.
• Ability to take decisions as is necessary in the execution of assignments
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
Education: Possess an Advanced Level Secondary School diploma or equivalent and be computer literate with practical experience with Windows applications and other office software packages.
Experience: Minimum three (3) years’ experience doing administrative or secretarial work.
Language Requirements: Good command of English and French or Portuguese or Spanish; working knowledge of at least one of the other three would be an added advantage.